Many people ask me what I think about having their home on the market during the Holiday? Should we take it off and put it back on after New Year’s day? Will there be any traffic through it?
First let me say there are many different situations that exist out there and rarely are two of the the same, that being said, here are my reason for staying on the market.
1. Relocation buyers come into town during the Holidays to look for their next home. They are definite buyers that are going to make a decision in a short time. Taking your home off the market during the Holidays eliminates these buyers.
2. The Holiday Spirit is also a factor, and seeing a home decorated for the Holidays gives the buyers a warm fuzzy about the house!
3. Buyers in the marketplace at this time of the year, are serious buyers! Don’t miss out on them looking at your house!
4. There are fewer hours of daylight! Why is that a reason? It means you are inconvenienced less by having a short window of showing daylight. Usually, this means no showings during the week because it is dark at 4:30 pm! this means you only need to keep the house picked up and clean on the weekends! Yea!
5. Less competition! Usually there are fewer homes on the market to compete against.
6. Last, but not least by any means, the interest rates are still 50-year lows!
There are probably other reasons, but these should help convince you to keep it ACTIVE on the MLS!
Happy Hanukkah! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Happy selling!