Ten Things to Do to Improve Your Credit Score
Do you know your credit score? Surprising as it may be, most people don’t know what their credit score is. In today’s marketplace, a credit score can raise your auto insurance, prevent you from buying the home of your choice, or many other financial decisions.
Here are 10 ways to raise your credit score:1. Begin by looking at your expenditures and picking out the ones you can eliminate.
2. Look at your income and expenses and set up a budget.
3. Start paying all your bills on time.
4. Work on one credit card balance at a time to pay off and then cancel.
5. Start using cash for your purchases. If you don’t have the cash, don’t buy it!
6. An older credit history improves your credit score, so don’t close those credit lines.
7. Don’t open new credit cards.
8. Review your credit report to see if there are entries that don’t belong to you.
9. Work with your local bank support staff to remove wrong information on your credit report. Here is a site that offers credit repair.
10. Review your credit annually. You can obtain one free credit report per year at www.annualcreditreport.com.